I think what we're all thinking is that there is now no acceptable way forward. 
Of course if Leeds ever get up there again and win everything in sight it'd be 
fantastic, although whether I'll be able to afford the £80 match ticket or be 
able to cough less than 3 times per match or you're chucked out I don't know? 
   
  Despite my negativity and strictly-armchairee status, I still get hacked of 
when we lose draw, I still pore over the table for god knows how long working 
out who needs to lose to get us up etc. 
   
  Put simply, I've gone past where football is now, but I can't f***ing shake 
it off altogether :-)
   
  Cheers
   
  John

Tim Leslie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  This is the bit I can't get my head round, I agree with him too but ...
Are we essentially saying that we want a team that works hard for each
other, plays footy and gives it 100%? Yes.
Are we saying that we are happy languishing in Div 3? Errrr, well No at
the moment but if we played decent footy??? Would we be?
If we lived the trad fans blueprint and got back up to the Prem that way
(Over many years) but then essentially languished season after season mid
to lower table, would we be happy? Probably not!

My heads hurting now and I need to stop thinking and start drinking!

> Almost word for word my own opinion John.
>
> On 15 Feb 2008, at 12:59, John Lee wrote:
>
>> It is indeed a no win situation for anyone rooted in tradition. I
>> took my bat and ball home after the season when we had only 9 (I
>> think) home league games on a Satdi. 'Progress' hasn't exactly
>> stppoed there has it, and when I heard the extra game in Beijing
>> malarkey that the Premiership were espousing as being good for the
>> game (the game presumably being a euphimism for lining pockets?) I
>> was actually glad Leeds arn't part of it, and may never be. Football
>> as I knew it has gone in terms of LUFC, although it probably exists
>> in a small community somewhere where people take a pride in their
>> team and support their local players.
>>
>> Good to see Blatter opposing the Prem anyway - can't stand the
>> bloke but at least he's talking a good argument at the moment.
>>
>> John
>
>
>



_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!


       
---------------------------------
 Sent from Yahoo! &#45; a smarter inbox.
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!

Reply via email to