Hello Roger,

It's good to know the legacy's still interested in the manual market on
both the large and the small end.  Yet, as I tell me friends on Wall
Street, in the long run the market may correct itself, but God has put me
on earth only for the short run, and He expects me to tend to my family and
prepare my kids to do the same for theirs.

There are a lot of woodworkers who are trying to turn legs with ancient
versions of the craftsmen/trend router lathe, and some are buying them for
as much as $200 on ebay.  On the other hand, I have seen Legacy 900s go on
and off of ebay for less than $600.  I would suspect that the market would
bear a Revo-class machine that could retail for between $300 and $400.

Now I suspect that the profit margin on that machine was not enough to make
it worth Legacy's while.  I understand that, and I am not an advocate of
working for free.  Not a good business model.  But if Legacy were to sell
the carriage assembly and rails as parts, someone like Tim or Bill could
put together a Kit Plan based on legacy parts that are used for the 900s
and 1200s.  Someone like C.A.G. could make the monster he dreams about.
And all of this would redound to the benefit of Legacy who would be
supplying the parts and thereby dropping the cost of their own manual
machines.

Believe me, I'm not critic of Legacy.  I own both a manual and a cnc and
would buy both again!  I'm simply suggesting that they spur growth in the
manual market by allowing their entry level base of users to grow.  To do
this, they don't need to create a new product, they only need to taking
advantage of the ingenuity of some of their long-standing users.

Begat