Bill,

Yes, pilaster dogs could be made of wood, especially if you were only
trying to make a few parts.  But if you're trying to make lots of
them, then screwing the parts to the same wooden blocks won't do for
long.  Today I was using the dogs to make some pickets for a fence
project.  I started by saying that purchasing the dogs when I bought
the 900 was a mistake.  20 pickets into the project I realized that I
would probably be making new wooden dogs.  Imagine all the enlarged
holes in the dogs.

Begat