Roger,

Thanks for the insights.  Some of what I do outside of this involves giving
and going to conventions and conferences.  In many areas the internet,
especially youtube, has changed how people make purchases and has harmed
conventions. And brick and mortar stores are catching hell as people visit
their stores to see equipment then go back online to buy.  I think Roger is
really right about this.

I bought my legacy machines based on their videos and this group, so the
point is well made.  But I bet many more people would still buy after
seeing and using machines.  Too bad the price for showing equipment has
become so high.

I think a lot of firms in a lot of different areas would benefit from
underwriting or encouraging regional showrooms/workshops.  I really think
people still want to know the equipment they are about to buy, and
increasingly there is no first-hand way of knowing.  For me, I took a shop
class offered by recreation center when I was a boy, and some forty years
later, I wanted to get back into woodworking.  Just like woodworking is
hardly in many US school systems any more, there are no machines in local
recreation centers where I have been over the years.

Begat