It was pointed out off list I'm rich???  Clearly a typo, I'm sure Roger meant
"HIM" as in Norm not me :-).

I agree with many points of view in this conversation.  I've been going to
every other show or less lately.  I've either got all the tools I need for what
I do, or don't have the need for what people are selling.   I have not seen any
deals at the show for years.  I go for the actual hands on demo's to see what
the machines can do.  With video editing what it is today, I don't trust what I
see on camera, and only a little with what I see with my own eyes at the show.
I know I'm not the only guy that buys something and then wonders why it does
not work as well for me at home as it did on at the show.

I really hope none of us are complaining about the entry fee.  My show we pay
parking. It's varies from $5.00-$8.00.  The lunch and drinks in the place costs
more!  Who cares what the entry fee is?  I think the real savings is in NOT
buying something you wanted after seeing how it performs.  To have access to so
many real people with real opinions is valuable to me.  I value what the
cynical crowd has to say.  They have prompted me to buy or not buy something
because of things they have noticed that I did not.  There is no doubt a
dynamic demonstrator sells products.  There's several real pros that understand
the art of the pitch at these shows.

This Christmas season there's a TV ad that is saying, "Get out there and
actually like something", I can't remember what they are selling, but I like
the sentiment instead of just "Liking something" on facebook.  I refuse to
participate in social media networks, my friends here are more than enough
entertainment for me :-).  What Roger said about the dying local guy is
extremely true.  It's the small guy that was blinded in the beginning by
passion and stubbornly refused to see profit keeps the real world going that
will be missed in the future.

Having said all of that, is anyone actually building anything with their
Legacy?  May I suggest a new thread that involves our machines?