From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
mwfos...@earthlink.net
Sent: Sunday, 6 January 2013 2:48 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: The Woodworking Shows

$10 TOTAL for all 3 days (whether you go for 1 day, 2 days, or all 3 days -
still $10) and parking was free.
Here in N. Va./DC area the shows have been $12 at the door unless you had a
"$2 Off" coupon from the mailer/flyer they sent you.  If you went on-line
and pre-paid for your ticket you got an "email ticket" that would only cost
you $10.
In all cases, unless you paid at the door with no coupon, admission was $10
- and that was good for as many days as you wanted to come.  Three or four
years ago(?) you had a choice with the coupon - you could either get $2 off
on your ticket or get "free admission" for your spouse.

>From reading the input/comments so far, I think we all agree that $10-$12
admission for 3 days of the show is "A DEAL!".  Sounds like in some places
folks have to add parking to the cost.  Perhaps something some of the
"higher priced tool/equipment venders might entertain doing is what several
stores and hotels around here do - "validate your parking".  Meaning: "if
you buy one of my Mega-cyclotron Ultrasonic, Wobble-lazer table saws (for a
mere $1,995), I will validate (pick up the tab) for your parking today."

Mac

  _____