​

From: Richard Ellis
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills
Bill
When using the rotary table for the very first time, the handle came loose, it
just did not rotate the table, it seemed as if it was only half on. so tried to
move it nearer to the table---------it would not.
Tried to remove it to find out the problem, it was quite difficult to get off
owing to the burs on the round shaft. Why no flat for the grub screw to clamp
on.?????
Next---, went to fit the Universal joint to the spindle drive. did not go on
far enough---------- the round part of the drive had score marks because of the
fact that the recess in the Uni joint was not deep enough.I then checked the
main rod of the Uni joint. Have Legacy never heard of a milling machine and the
fact that one should not grub screw to round shafts.
As you say it is a great little machine but it seems I am spending far too much
putting Legacy's shoddy workmanship to rights.
It seems to me over the years they are in too much of a hurry to bring out a
new model, instead of making the first one properly.
Hence feeling a bit peed off at the moment.
Richard