Hi tom I remember looking at that
http://www.whidbeyworks.com/root/MDF_Rose_Engine.html I think it’s the same one

Always meant to look into it. Thanks for the info for me anyway

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Dotta
Sent: Thursday, 6 December 2018 6:09 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: ornamental turning on a rose engine lathe video

Hi Joe Curt Tim & Bill

Your mention of ornamental machines and high costs, which are surely there for
the best of the best which are so drop dead gorgeous and rare they justify the
price if only to admire. I think of them as works of art surely on a par with
some of the old masters which no one expects to do anything but be beautiful.

I know from reading posts for several years that any of you guys are more than
capable of making a functional ornamental lathe so let me give you the name of
an ornamental turner who has a mission of bringing the satisfaction of
ornamental work to the less than wealthy woodturner.  I believe he not only has
plans available but possibly some kits mostly made from low cost MDF that
actually produce quality work. The gentleman is Jon Magill and his lathe design
is generally known as the MDF Rose Engine.

Some names of outstanding makers past and present makers  Holtzapffel, Bower,
Goyen, Evans,     Made, Lindow, Newton

Hope this helps      Cheers  Tom Dotta

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 6:36 AM 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills