hey Mike... that's an interesting idea... but I want to be sure I am
understanding it correctly... are you saying that you would clamp a pattern
of some sort, that would have a repeating "wave" type cut along it's entire
length(presumably the full length of what that Legacy could fit between
centers), and this pattern is clamped in front of a spring-loaded Z-axis
that would have a follower, roller-type pin... the pin follows the wave
pattern, thus producing the "pumping" action of the router bit cutter going
in and out... it seems you could still do straight or spiral, fluting or
reeding… not thinking this all the way through yet, but if that is what you
are referring to, that sounds like a great idea!... so, instead of
"roundish" rosette-type wheels(as on a typical rose engine lathe), you
would have long strips with wave patterns on them... am I missing any booby
traps?... LOL!... thanks for the input Mike!... Joe