As usual we have to hang our heads master yoda as you continue to display you
are always the master legacy jedi  ha ha 😊

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tim Krause
Sent: Friday, 30 August 2019 2:47 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: TK Reciprocater long curves

Hi Curt, I hate to call you out on this, but the wave attachment / TK
Reciprocator is not our exclusive item.  As you know, it was inspired by the
Atkinson Reciprocator.  What makes it unique to our group is the ease of using
a router to cut the pattern.  When can cut it deeper than the traditional
equipment.  We can make the pattern on larger pieces, but I'll never claim that
it is exclusive.

Now what has not been revealed by myself is that the reciprocator does not have
to be    mounted on the duplex gear. It can be mounted on the leadscrew as
well. One iteration of my design used that method.  It's also possible to make
changes to the pattern as rarely discussed by changing the number of teeth on
the duplex gear.  I did also have a method of of creating a fool proof DNA
pattern based on flipping the adjustment rail 180 degrees.  That way tooth
count and marking of the gears would not be needed. Since it was such a limited
use feature, I never got around to implementing it.

Hey Richard, I'm still not seeing the picture.  Did you attach it? You want to
know what I think regarding making it more fancy? You made a pattern that I
have never dreamed possible and your asking me? I have not made anything with
the reciprocator for over 5 years! MAYBE its time to revisit the device from a
different set of parameters like you are thinking. I do think that Bill is
correct in saying 90 degrees of twist is the maximum. It would depend on the
pitch mostly, not the amplitude.  Again, it's something I would have to look at
again, but it's very low on my list of things to do. Probably right next to the
colonoscopy! Hahahaha.

Tim

On Aug 29, 2019, at 8:24 AM, Richard Ellis <rchrd.ell...@gmail.com