I had wanted an ornamental mill for many years when I first learned about
them.  But they were beyond my limited budget.  Until a couple years ago a
REVO came up for the right price within driving distance.  The size was
right, too, but the most attractive thing was the extreme versatility of
the machine.  It could natively cut a fairly wide range of joinery simply
and accurately in addition to the twists and copy turning for which it was
mostly known.  With the addition of a rotary table the range of my
interests were largely covered. Being able to make special attachments that
enabled detail work as fine as 18 LPI checkering has been rewarding. I was
not and am not interested in CNC or powered moves, so this fits perfectly.
Been very happy with it.  I've used it lately to "tease" a couple of young
woodworkers' interests and creativity.
That's my story and I'm stickin' with it.
DanK