Pat,

Backing to CD is my third defence line.

I maintain my data file on a 'flash' drive as I use both a desktop and a
laptop depending where I am.

1.  I keep current backup copies of the .fdb data file and the zipped data
file on the hard-drives of both the laptop and the desktop.

2.  I keep another current copy of the zipped back-up file on a separate
hard-drive in my desktop - in fact I keep back-ups of all my data files on
the separate drive.

3.  I copy the zipped backup files to rewriteable CDs on a weekly basis
which I store off-site - I never have last week's CD in the house at the
same time as I'm creating the current version.

I'm also looking at storing my back-ups on a commercial remote datastore.
Call me paranoid if you like, but I've invested too much time and effort to
lose it.

If you want to contact me off-LUG ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), tell me what CD
writing software you have and I'll see about creating a step-by-step manual.

Rgds

Bill Anderson