Ron,

I really appreciate your taking the time to respond and I think I muddied
the waters with my last comment, so let me start again from scratch and
try to be clearer. (Sorry to be slow to respond but we were having
problems with our DSL connection yesterday.)

The process in re Source Clipboard that you have described is exactly the
one I use when I'm entering a bunch of events and other info from the same
source.

That is not what I'm talking about.

I am talking about, e.g., one EVENT that I want to copy to several
different people.  So

1) I create an event, e.g.:
EVENT: Moved
DATE: 1836-1837
LOCATION: South Bend, St. Joseph Co., IN

2) I click on the blue arrow, and on the Source Clipboard, I set/enter the
source and detail info ("p. 33"), and put a check mark in front of "Prompt
for Detail."
3.) I click OK.
4.) I am now back to the "Add Event" screen.
5.) On the lower right hand side of the screen are two clipboard icons.
6.) I click on the LEFT-hand of the two icons, which copies BOTH the event
AND the SOURCE to the EVENT clipboard.
7.) I click on SAVE.
8.) I enter some additional info for the same individual from the same
source and click on the one-bar or three-bar icon and when prompted for
the detail, I either keep the same page number or change it, as needed. I
also enter some additional info from ANOTHER source, and change the Source
clipboard to the new source.
9.) I go to another individual who made a similar move as in #1
10.) On that individual's Edit screen, I click on "Add."
11.) I am now at the "Add Event" screen.
12.) At the lower right of the screen, I click on the RIGHT-hand of the
two clipboard icons.
13.) The info as described in #1 above is inserted. (the source is the
same as in the first event BUT the info is on a different page number).
 BUT I am not prompted for the new detail, which would be "p. 66".

14.) Now IF I remember and IF I still have the same source on my Source
clipboard, I CAN click on the blue arrow and change the detail info before
clicking on SAVE and all is well. BUT if in the meantime I've changed the
source on my source clipboard (as described in #8 above) or if I FORGET to
change the detail, then when I click on SAVE, I am putting the right
source but with the wrong page number in.  Even though I have told it to
prompt me for the detail it is NOT doing that.
Even if my memory is fool-proof and if I have not entered a new source, it
is taking a bit longer to have to click the blue arrow.  Now this is NO
BIG DEAL, but since I have told it to 'PROMPT for detail', why is it not
doing so???
And if I do FORGET, then I have to go in and change the detail or maybe
even look the info up again to find out what page it was on, etc.

I really do not see what is wrong with being prompted for the detail when
I am using the EVENT clipboard AND have checked "Prompt for Detail."

Is this making sense now?

Pat