Elaine,

Others have given good advice on what and how to backup Legacy data. Here are a couple more ideas that I have found helpful.

I regularly run the File>File Maintenance>Check/Repair to be sure that the database has no structural problems. Then if the database needs to be restored, I will not have to wonder if it had errors before the backup.

I also include the full Legacy install file with my backup so that if I need to return to that earlier data I will also be able to re-install the version of the program which created the backup. This could prove useful if a later version was shown to be responsible for corruption of the data.

And last, just to second what has been said about the backup...always use the zipped backup files to store or move the database because they will contain all the pieces of the data structure which the Legacy program utilizes in the Microsoft Access database.

Based on recent memos from Millennia, it seems that they are working on a programmed method to "restore" the backed up multimedia files so that those items will be easy for the end user to move and restore like the regular data files. That will be a welcome improvement.

Ron Taylor