the flash drive gets corrupt or I loose the flash drive.

That would be one of my main concerns: losing the flash drive and having that info fall in the wrong hands. Do you encrypt the data on the flash drive and does that not affect the speed of use?

Jeff

David S Brookes wrote:
Hi Diane,

I agree with 1 & 4 but not 2 or 3.  I have not followed all the
replies so
there may be good reason, but can't see the reason for the GEDCOM.  I
personally disagree with 3.  I keep my working Legacy data file on my
flash
drive, together with all my multimedia, which I use directly from the
flash
drive.  I back up both data and multimedia as zip files (Legacy asks
if you
want this to happen when you close the programme) on one or all of the
computers I use.  That way I don't have to do any restore every time
I swap
computers.  The only time I use the zipped back up files is if the
data on
the flash drive gets corrupt or I loose the flash drive.  In this
case I go
to the computer I used last and unzip.  Fortunately I have never has
to do
this.

Best of luck,

Happy New Year, when it comes!