Another removable drive method . . .

I also have my files on a flash/zip/jump/whatever drive but do things
slightly different to what's already been mentioned.

My Legacy database has links to so many graphics -- all census pages,
registrations, certificates, newspaper clippings, etc. -- that there
is not yet a mini-drive available that will hold them all.  But I
still need to run Legacy on both a desktop and a laptop computer.

So I have my Legacy database on the removable drive and the
multimedia files are duplicated on the hard drives of both computers.
The removable drive also contains some small files that automatically
make a backup whenever it is inserted into one of my computers (and
when the computer is started with the removable drive in place), and
they also automatically keep the multimedia files in synch on both
computers.  Doing things this way means the removable drive need only
be slightly larger than the database and both computers contain full
backups of all data.  Before I get told these backups are inadequate
I should mention that I also have off-site backups on the Internet
(also automated).

Setting up the files and computers to do all this can get a bit
complex but I believe it is well worth the effort.

Cheers, -- Dave
--
  David Naylor, Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada.
---

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***