Thank you, Jim!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Keener" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Suggestions wanted please: How to enter "boarder"

Pat, I believe that is the best suggestion I've seen so far.  Thanks!

On 10/6/07, Pat Hickin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I would appreciate some suggestions on how to enter a "boarder" into
> Legacy so that a future reader can understand clearly it is not a bona
> fide family member.

I'm not sure this is relevant to your particular issue, but I have an
event
entitled "Also living in household"
and then in description I put in the person's name, age, sex, race,
relationship (boarder, servant, cook, mother-in-law or whatever), and any
other info.  Mostly this comes from the census so for date I put in the
census year and for location whatever I can get from the census.  If the
person is a relative and hence in my database I go to his/her edit screen
and add the event "Living" and in Description "with son-in-law John Doe's
family" and give the date and location as above.

Pat