To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Advice on event names

I don't consider Tax Rolls (or for that matter the US Census) as events; imho they are merely sources for the information they contain about certain aspects of an individual's life (place of residence at that particular instance in time, etc.).

As sources I would set them up as:

Tax Roll Mississippi 1816 Territorial
Tax Roll Mississippi 1820 Perry County

Thus all tax rolls would sort by state by year by county in the Master Source List