legacy wrote
Is there any way to "call up" the source writer from within an existing source? I would like to change existing sources to the new format, but see a problem in that there are many people for whom a "source" might exist. I don't want to have to go in and manually make the change for each and every person, and place an existing source appears.

What I have done is create a new Source with the SourceWriter, copying information from an existing Source. Then I highlight the old Source, click on "Combine Highlighted Source with Another in List...", highlight the new Source created with SourceWriter and click the Combine button again.

All instances of the "old" Source will be changed to the "new" Source. Most (all?) of the information in Source Details will be copied over to the new version of Source Details, but you will need to check each one if you want to add anything or change the layout at all.
--
Jenny M Benson