----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny M Benson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

What I have done is create a new Source with the SourceWriter, copying information from an existing Source. Then I highlight the old Source, click on "Combine Highlighted Source with Another in List...", highlight the new Source created with SourceWriter and click the Combine button again.

All instances of the "old" Source will be changed to the "new" Source. Most (all?) of the information in Source Details will be copied over to the new version of Source Details, but you will need to check each one if you want to add anything or change the layout at all.
--
Jenny M Benson

My pet peeve with the source combining process is that it is easy to combine the wrong way. I would prefer it work similar to merging individuals, where both records were displayed side by side, it is clear which is primary and which is secondary, and you can see what information will be maintained, what will be added, and what may still need to be edited. With source combining I never remember whether it is the first or second that is kept.

Gary