Cheryl wrote
Is there a specific order for entering generations and/or siblings?
There cannot be, really, can there? You can only enter people when you find them. Example - I entered my Grandfather as one of the very first people when I began my family history but it was about 3 years later that I discovered he had had a brother who emigrated as a young man and was killed soon after.

If it really bothers you, you can renumber RINS, but I would consider that a waste of time. Why not use tagging to distinguish between your family and your husband's? (I use the first 4 tags to indicate members of the four lines back from grandparents.)
--
Jenny M Benson