JL:

Cool tool!

Cathy Vallevieni
Orange County, CA

At 04:12 PM 8/5/2008, you wrote:
Magnifying images in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (and Legacy at times) is a nuisance, so I never use it. There's a tool called Virtual Magnifying Glass that works much better on any screen. And it's free.
http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Cathy Vallevieni wrote:

JL:

Good point, especially for 1-page documents where you can see the actual document at the bottom of the Source screen and in other reports without having to open it in Adobe. PDF probably still makes more sense for multiple page documents, however.

Now I'll have to decide whether I want to see the document directly or whether I want to view it more clearly and easily in Adobe.

What a great group with all the ideas and various viewpoints. No one can say you don't get an all-encompassing viewpoint of a subject.

To everyone that has suggested alternative programs to view and create PDF files, thank you and I'm sure they've been helpful to many LUG members. I actually own a copy of Adobe Acrobat that I use for my business so I'm covered for both creation and reading.

Mike & Tim, thanks for the info on converting a web page to a PDF. I use Firefox and will keep that in mind.

Way to come through, again, group!

Cathy Vallevieni
Orange County, CA