  From: Trippsibs5
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:53 AM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Which file is best for a 1-page written document?

  Has anyone found that using .jpg or .tiff or another format is best
  for attaching a scanned 1-page written document to a Source?  I know
  these will open in any photo program so most people will be able to
  view them just like they can a photo.

  Thanks.

  Cathy Vallevieni
  Orange County, CA

  Cathy,
  Another tip.
  I haven't added scans to my program and I haven't read about the
  complexities of resolution & compression & whatever on an image. With that
  wealth of knowlwdge, I'll pass along a suggestion from an earlier post on
  LUG.
  Someone (I apologize for not remembering their name) suggested saving black
  & white documents as greyscale, a smaller file than a save as color. I
  assume .bmp or .tiff allows this. as .jpg works fine. As suggested in this
  thread, check to see if the detail is acceptable.
  Regards, Jane Tripp