On the screen with parents - cousin's hubby and cousin he is there as 1/2 .

If I attempt to access chiidren's settings from that screen by clicking on
the elder child who is a step child I end up at their younger bio child's
record instead.  I can only reach child settings for the first child from
the screen with his bio father as far as I can tell.

If I give the child two sets of parents - bio/mother and father  -
bio/mother and stepfather I can get a descendant report that includes most
of what I want but also has too much duplication.

Like this:

Janet had a relationship with xxxx  YYYYY  [4011] [MRIN: 1367].  This couple

      did not marry. xxxxx  was born in Canada.

     Their child was:

 2 M     i. Nicholas BBBBBBB[307] was born .......
                   Canada.(1).  (Relationship to Father: Biological,
                   Relationship to Mother: Biological)

  Janet married James BBBBBB[306] [MRIN: 1372]. James was born .....1)

     The child from this marriage was:

 3 M     i. Nicholas BBBBB  [307] was born .......,
                   Canada.(1).  (Relationship to Father: Adopted,
Relationship
                   to Mother: Biological)

  Janet next married James BBBBBB[306] [MRIN: 88] 1 James was born 1)

     The child from this marriage was:

 4 M     i. Michael  BBBBB[308] was born

       Michael married       (1) [MRIN: 89].

                          Second Generation (Children)

2.  Nicholas BBBBB  [307] was born ........, Canada.(1).

     Noted events in his life were:

     Nick works as a.........
     Jim BBBBB adopted Nick after Janet and Jim married in 1970.

3.  Nicholas  BBBBB [307] was born ......(1).

     Noted events in his life were:

     Nick works as a .....
     Jim BBBBB adopted Nick after Janet and Jim married ....

4.  Michael BBBBBB  [308] was born ......
       Canada.(1).

     Noted events in his life were:

     Michael graduated with both .......).

  Michael married ......

If I was just working with a few people, going back and editing wouldn't be
hard.  Problem is that with more than 4,000 people in my file if I do this
for this and several other similar cases I fear that there will be more
editing than I'd like.  I'm less concerned with distant relations but these
are a first cousin's family.

Maybe I'll just have to edit.

Kathy

------