>From the article in the Help about Multiple and Single parents:

-----
Setting Family View Status Options

• Set the Preferred Parents in the Parents List by highlighting them
and clicking the Select button. The screen will close and the
preferred parents will be displayed in Family View.
----

(click on the parents icon in Family View to open the Parents List).

I suppose you have to set the biological father as preferred parent.

Evert