To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:22 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Source Template for Book Question

Kay and Elizabeth:

This is really a semantics thing. The philosophy is that (1) Things on the
Internet are considered published and (2) *Repositories* are not properly
cited for published materials because they are usually widely available.
That's why Legacy doesn't print a repository if you identify a book as
published.

On the other hand you *do* want to identify where you found the data and the
format it was in.  So the simple solution is to use the template Book >
Authored > Author Known > Basic Format, and then to put in the Detail
Comments section the medium, site name, and URL.  This produces a properly
formatted footnote/endnote citation, subsequent citation, and bibliography.

Much citation protocol is really not dictated by Mills, but is simply
established publishing procedure.

Kirsten