My preference is to use Events so I can attach photos and/or documents
specific to the event or time frame. I intend to eventually use Legacy
created web pages to update my web site (once I get everything setup)
and this will allow photos and documents to be mixed with text
throughout a person's page. Another advantage to Events over Notes is
that you can see at a glance what you have (or what you are missing)
for a person.

Linda

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:04 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm having some personal conflict in whether to add data as a note or an
> event and would like some views on where folks place specific data .
>
> For example - I have a biography from relative A - should I enter it under
> the notes or make it an event?  another - If entering 1860 census data
> showing Uncle Joe's family and those living in his household - note or event?
>
> Some observations when preparing a 'book' report - Descendant Narrative : (1)
>  If I enter data as a note, the information is located immediately under the
> persons name as a flowing narrative,  which can get rather lengthy plus would
> require adding my sourcing information to the narrative if I wanted to show
> where I got the information; OR (2) if entered as an event, the data becomes
> a short  cryptic entry after the name with a footnote.  I do note that the
> entire data can appear in the footnote, together with the sourcing material,
> providing that feature is elected when setting up the source detail (i.e.,
> selecting  'Add this text to the source citation on reports' ).
>
> It may be that personal preference dictates this, but I would appreciate some
> insight from others on how they use the notes and events feature.
>
> Bob

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***