I add notes to events.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

To: "Legacy" <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 2:04 AM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Notes VS Events

I'm having some personal conflict in whether to add data as a note or an event and would like some views on where folks place specific data .

For example - I have a biography from relative A - should I enter it under the notes or make it an event? another - If entering 1860 census data showing Uncle Joe's family and those living in his household - note or event?

Some observations when preparing a 'book' report - Descendant Narrative : (1) If I enter data as a note, the information is located immediately under the persons name as a flowing narrative, which can get rather lengthy plus would require adding my sourcing information to the narrative if I wanted to show where I got the information; OR (2) if entered as an event, the data becomes a short cryptic entry after the name with a footnote. I do note that the entire data can appear in the footnote, together with the sourcing material, providing that feature is elected when setting up the source detail (i.e., selecting 'Add this text to the source citation on reports' ).

It may be that personal preference dictates this, but I would appreciate some insight from others on how they use the notes and events feature.

Bob

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***