It seems to be that the biography would be neither note nor event but a source.
 It is what is within the biography that would go into an event or note.  I
would put most of the information in as an event.  Notes I use for information
I'm not sure about or general information about a person.  I note the source
use name and/or file id of the source and then the note.

I would put the 1860 census as an event.  As someone mentioned in another
thread I would use the type of event as Census, use the census itself as a
source and make any notes in the event note field.

Mary Beth Figgins

leo macdonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Bob, when I locate information on a person that is just general information
like the places where the person has lived, where they worked, I will place it
in the person's notes.
General information about their birth, like time of birth, weight, etc., I add
this to the birth notes.
General information about their baptism, like baptized at their parents home..,
I add this to the baptism notes.
The same for death and burial information.
When I locate something like a biography, 50th. anniversary,birth announcement,
etc., that are located in books or newspapers, I add these as events.
Using the biography as an example, I would call the event a Biography, in the
description I would enter the location where it was found, in the date I would
enter the date it was written or published,the place would be where it written
or published. I would then scan the article and attach the scan as a picture,
then I would either transcribe the article into the event notes section or when
possible I will just copy and paste the article into the notes section of the
event.
As well I have learned the hard way to always add the source of the new
information to each location that I enter new information into.
Just about everyone will enter things a little differently, remember that you
are creating your family tree, experiment with several methods until you locate
the one that works best for you.
Leo