From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com]on
Behalf Of Elizabeth Richardson
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 5:25 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Someone

I believe you are more likely to encounter this bug working backwards. One
can more easily learn the name of one parent without learning the names of
both parents, especially when getting back several generations, which is
when I suspect this problem crops up. When you come forward in time, you are
more likely to have the marriage information before learning the names of
the children. And, many people never come forward in time unless the
information is simply handed to them, and many don't record it even then. I
can't even count the number of times I've inquired of someone's research
only to be told "I don't know about her sister, I'm only researching my own
direct line."

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson