To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 3:31 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Someone

Correction please see below:

Now completely revised
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

From: ronfe...@msn.com
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 23:59:01 +0000

Elizabeth,

The procedure which you adopt should not, in my experience, lead to any problems. In fact it is pretty much the order in which I also enter data.

I cannot see how the wife is "always" after the father - I have examples of having a father and not knowing the mother.

should read "of having a mother and not knowing the father" (of course)

However, that is an aside, the point being that one should excercise care when adding a partner to an individual with children. As far as I can see the sexes of the parent/partner does not matter.

Others may have found the situation arising under circumstances different to those I have examined but I have only reproduced it when there is an unknown partner and a new partner is being added. As I said, I cannot pin point the exact conditions.

I have not experienced it in my own work.