I don't consider myself a professional either, but I like to keep a
copy on my computer as a PDF file because I can have several of them
open at the same time.  On Ancestry, loading and viewing digital
images can be painfully slow.  The PDF's pop up quickly.  I have
discovered other family connections based on other people listed on
the same census pages, so going back to the actual document has been a
great plus for me in my research.  Of course, I now have an external
hard drive, because these files take up so much space, but it's worth
it to me.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about this, too.

Dede Holden