When I run across individuals or families who appear to be connected to my family, I enter them into Legacy as "Unlinked Individuals." I then add BDM and event information as I find it, just as I would for a linked person. Then, if I find that they are related to the main line, I have all the data available and I can just link them in. I presently have 21 "island" trees containing from 1 to 46 people.

The idea of entering them into a ToDo list to keep track of them is good; I may have to try that, as I am chronically disorganized.

John S. Adams
Hermosa Beach, CA
From: "Judy" <eldestdaugh...@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 12:22 PM
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Digital Images of Census Pages - Tracking Individuals

Thanks, Jenny - your idea is a good way to keep track of these people!! I appreciate your response.

Judy

Judy wrote
I, too, track individuals through census pages, and would appreciate knowing how others keep track of "other people", who at one time may not be recognized as related, but after further work, end up being so.

Jenny wrote:

But it occurs to me that one could also create a To Do, putting something like "Other
People" in "Task needing to be done" and just add the names to the Task
Description as one comes across them.  If one inserted each name in
alphabetical order, it would not be too difficult to check this list
whenever a new connection was found.