Michele,

I can see that, As I only publish on my web pages on which I do not wish to
have census images, I just wondered why transcribe. Although I have no
intention of publishing a book, I very much doubt if I would wish to include
transcripts of censuses, sources certainly. I know some sites do include pages
of census transcripts (which is the only legal way of publishing English/Welsh
censuses), but not my choice,

For example I have recently completed a multiple descendants report for for my
brother-in-law whose family I have been working on, and I never dreamt of
including census transcripts. In effect the information is already there in the
Events - Residence, Occupation etc. and a transcript would merely duplicate
this.

Only my opinion, btw, everybody will have their own way of doing things.

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: cranberryf...@charter.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Digital Images of Census Pages
> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:40:31 -0500
>
> What Kirsten said :) I too put it in the event notes along with comments in
> [ ]. If I were ever to write a book, the I would want all of the
> transcribed census info in there because it would be impratical to print
> page after page after page of census pages in the book.
>
> michele

Hotmail, Messenger, Photos  and more - all with the new Windows Live. Get
started!
http://www.download.live.com/