Let me reply to my own reply. It was a bit confusing after seeing it.

Tim Rosenlof wrote:

Kay Fordham wrote:
Using Legacy 7.0.0.86 - Windows XP

I tried the IGI Search option for the first time today.

o The Help File states "If you are using this feature for the first time, or if you are on a public computer . . . , the FamilySearch Account Settings screen appears." It does not appear.

When I first logged on as the dialog appears. I just now whiped out my data for logging in. Answer yes if a script error probably will appear. Now on my machine say's "Family Search Settings" I happen to to have a account ccount at FamilySearch.

At this point I still have not filled in my FamilySearch Settings for this test, nor you need to.

 The test account button test your
settings to test your settings agaist your account you made if you have a account already in place in FamilSearch.

acount, you would need to register from www.familysearch.org.

o The Help File for the FamilySearch Account Settings states it is reached by choosing Options > FamilySearch Account Settings from the IGI Search screen. Clicking Options results only in a pop-up box with the option of ticking or unticking "assign sources when saving changes."

Don't know what to tell you there, mine say's
I assume you are at the screen with the name with other names appearing?

1. Assign sources when saving changes
2. Family Search Account Settings
3. Zoom

o I'm able to perform a successful search; however, the "View Matches" box is grayed out, likely because I have no account.

What am I doing wrong?

Well the grayed out box has nothing to do with a account or not. After about 10 or so matches, on 'view matches' the grayed box will be available.

Tim
Went back and set my settings, all is good
Again, Tim

Thanks,
Kay Fordham (Temecula, CA)