To recap:

As of Yesterday:

The FamilySearch Account Screen did not appear automatically.

Clicking Options resulted only in a pop-up box with the option of ticking or
unticking "assign sources when saving changes." No access to the account screen. I don't need to set up an account, but the system appears not to be working on my machine.

My first search had matches but the "view matches" box was grayed out.

Other searches worked just fine.

As of Today:

Clicking the Search IGI link freezes the program and it is necessary to shut it down. All other searches and functions work properly. I've done all the maintenance.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all that responded to my post yesterday..

Kay