On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:59:30 -0400, Dennis M. Kowallek
<kowal...@iglou.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:31:04 -0400, Dennis M. Kowallek
><kowal...@iglou.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 08:10:16 -0600, "Ann Parsons" <aparsons2...@msn.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In the family view for Hugh Cochrane his birth is about 1815. In the
>>>reports, family group report he is about, his wife Eliza has about, his
>>>children are about. I do not have parents for him or his wife.
>>>
>>>In the family view for his son John Cochrane, I have dates for him, his wife
>>>& children. In the reports, family group report John's parents, Hugh & Eliza
>>>now have cir.
>>>

>>If you want me to look at it, export just this family to another Legacy
>>database and email it (off-list) to me.
>
>Never mind sending the file. Here is what you need to do:
>
>1) Go to Options > Customize > Dates and change Circa to display "Cir".
>2) Save.
>3) Go to Hugh Cochrane. His birthdate should now say "cir 1815". Change
>   it to "abt 1815".
>4) Save.
>5) Family Group Report should now be OK.
>
>Apparently changing a date prefix to mimic another causes the program
>great angst.

BTW, this does indicate that there is (at least) one bug in the program
here. When the FGR for the son is displayed, the program is not changing
the father's Cir date to display as Abt. You (as the original poster)
should report it to Brian or Sherry.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools/index.htm