Thanks to all that tried to help.

I use to put the family information from a census record in my source but
changed the way I did it when I saw a Legacy training CD.  It was
demonstrated that you put the family information from the census in events
notes.  I thought it was a great way to see all infor. quickly.  The
downfall - I didn't realize at the time that the notes will appear on a
family group sheet report, when I just want to see the event on the group
sheet.

Brian the other suggestion I made years ago was also from an idea that I got
from Legacy home page (Legacy news).  Using the MRIN number to file.  My
suggestion was to separate the RIN/MRIN numbers on report options.  When
using this method of filing, you do not use the RIN number.  So wouldn't it
make since to only show the MRIN on reports.  All the other numbers (RIN) on
the reports are too confusing for someone who is looking at them that does
not know much about genealogy.

I love the ideas that we receive from Legacy but than when we found out that
things don't work as quite as well as we thought they would.  I did get the
impression from several people that I talked too over the *years* (cruise,
shows, internet) that the MRIN would be a great idea and easy to do.

Thanks,
Kim

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Brian/Support