Kim,

The printing of RINSs in reports is optional, and I would strongly resist any
attempt to remove this option as they are the main reference for individuals
and I use them constantly.

For Pedigree Webpages they are also the file names for the individuals.

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:12:55 -0700
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Event Notes in Family Group Record Report
> From: axno...@gmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> Thanks to all that tried to help.
>
> I use to put the family information from a census record in my source but
> changed the way I did it when I saw a Legacy training CD. It was demonstrated
> that you put the family information from the census in events notes. I
> thought it was a great way to see all infor. quickly. The downfall - I didn't
> realize at the time that the notes will appear on a family group sheet
> report, when I just want to see the event on the group sheet.
>

> Brian the other suggestion I made years ago was also from an idea that I got
> from Legacy home page (Legacy news). Using the MRIN number to file. My
> suggestion was to separate the RIN/MRIN numbers on report options. When using
> this method of filing, you do not use the RIN number. So wouldn't it make
> since to only show the MRIN on reports. All the other numbers (RIN) on the
> reports are too confusing for someone who is looking at them that does not
> know much about genealogy.
>

> I love the ideas that we receive from Legacy but than when we found out that
> things don't work as quite as well as we thought they would. I did get the
> impression from several people that I talked too over the years (cruise,
> shows, internet) that the MRIN would be a great idea and easy to do.
>

> Thanks,
> Kim
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Brian/Support> wrote:
>
> Kim,
>

> I just checked our enhancement list. The suggestion to add the option to
> include or exclude event notes in reports is recorded there. Enhancements are
> however, suggestions for changes that someone feels would make Legacy better.
> There is no guarantee that any suggestion will be implemented.
>

> Brian
>
> Customer Support
>
> Millennia Corporation
>
> br...@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com
>

> We are changing the world of genealogy!
>
> When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Kim Austin wrote:
>

> Oh, I forgot to include,
>
> The privacy brackets [[ ]] might work but that is like a "do over" on your
>
> whole file. I hope by using a software program, it would make it easier for
>
> a person instead of giving a headache.
>

> Thanks for submitting the idea to Legacy support but I'm not sure if that
>
> would help. I submitted the same idea about 4 times now in person and
>
> online and I get the same response. Something like this, No problem that
>
> should not be a problem and I will get it submitted.
>
> Nothing as of yet.
>

> Kim
>

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Kim Austin> wrote:

> [...]
Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary—get free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/