Michele,

We seem to be at cross-purposes here. No, I was not suggesting that one updates
before transferring to Legacy (your last post).

Options>Customise>Data Entry does what it says on the tin! it applies when one
is making a *Data Entry* ie. adding or amending data. Thus if you enter someone
with a birthdate more than (say) 120 years ago is will automatically set them
to dead. If there is no birthdate and no death it will set them according to
your Living Indicator Defaults (Options>Customise>Data Defaults) and will not
make any calculation was to whether the individual should be living or
otherwise.

If using Tools>Advanced Living killed off 500 people, then within your files
you had 500 people who were older than the setting which you made when using
the tool. Thus you had 500 people set to living but who are, in fact, dead.

New Tutorial: Embed a Blogger RSS feed on your webpage
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: cranberryf...@charter.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] marking people as not living
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:12:57 -0400
>
> I am going to OPTIONS, CUSTOMIZE, DATA ENTRY, then there is a section titled
> "Presumed Dead" I have that set up but when I did it your way it killed off
> over 500 more people!
>
> michele

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/