Go to Options - Customise - Data Entry and you can set your Presumed Dead preferences.

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michele Lewis" <cranberryf...@charter.net>
To: "Legacy E-Mail List" <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 3:16 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] marking people as not living

I just figured something out the hard way. If you don't put a death date for someone it defaults to living even though their parents and children died in the 1700s! The significance to his is when you upload your file with all living persons blocked out a lot of your file is blocked out that shouldn't be. I am having to go through and find all these (I did it with a simple search, any body with no date of death that is marked living).

michele