On 29/09/2010 16:40, Ward Walker wrote:
>  From previous LUG discussions, I had been under the impression that the
> Address fields (at the '+' signs) had the disadvantage of not showing up in
> certain output products (as opposed to the Location fields). A quick
> experiment with a burial address indicates that the Address shows up nicely,
> in brackets, after the Location, in Family Group Sheets and Descendant
> Narrative reports. It does not show on graphical charts (probably a good
> thing). It does not show on web pages. Of course it is not visible in Legacy
> on Family View -- probably not so important.
>
> I think if the addresses were to be made available in web pages, then I
> would consider switching over to using this field instead of Location, for
> cemetery and hospital names.

My objection to the "+ sign Address fields" is the way they appear in
Reports.  You end up with something like "Jenny was baptized in Oxton,
Birkenhead, Cheshire, England (Christ Church, Christ Church Road, Oxton,
Birkenhead, Cheshire, England) or "Jenny was baptized in Oxton,
Birkenhead, Cheshire, England (Christ Church, Christchurch Road.)

The latter is slightly preferable, but means you have a long list of
rather meaningless addresses, comprising just street addresses without
town, county, (state) or country.

I much prefer to see "Jenny was baptized at Christ Church, Christ Church
Road, Oxton, Birkenhead, Cheshire, England".

I think if only the programmers would enable us to print in all Reports
photos attached "behind the + sign" everyone would be satisfied.

--
Jenny M Benson