From: ajg
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:00 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Advice on name for 'probable' town

Ron,

I do something a little different than many of the other suggestions…   on the
individual information screen I do not enter a location for birth, death, etc
unless I have verification of an actual location.   I use the events/facts
section and have an “alt. birth”, “alt. death”, etc event where I list the
location where I suspect an event occurred and then list the reasons/sources.
I also use this same method for dates that I am unsure of.

This way I am not transferring/posting information that I have not verified
through gedcoms, etc; doesn’t mess up my locations list; easily gives me
information through notes as to why I think an particular location is probable
and lastly.. that big blank spot in their birth/death field quickly tells me
that I still have research to complete for this ancestor.

It is also very easy to ‘swap’ information from the ‘alt. birth’ event to the
individual birth event by using the options button on the right side of the
individual information screen.

Angela