*Two more examples:

For a cemetery, I will remove the town/city and do this:

Long:
Wrights Landing Cemetery, Johnson County, Kentucky, United States

Short:
Wrights Landing Cem., Ky

For a church, I follow the same thing:

Long:
Southland Methodist Church, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States

Short:
Southland Meth. Ch., Tenn.

And so on. If I sort in reverse (country, state, county, town/city), it
keeps everything together.

Thanks.

Robert
*