Ron et all,

I've the feeling there is a wrong opinion of the use of the definition and use
of locations.

I don't think the location was ever supposed to include the complete postal
address as we would say today but only the place of interest.

Using the example sent Ron sent:
        house name/number, Street, local district/town, (parish), (city),
County, Country

this would be:
         town/village, County, XXX, Country
and this fits in the 4 values.

The XXX is only an example for what part of Greatbitian someone comes from and
the data (parish) is church data and should be included in the religious data.

For the data about street names, house nr. etc we have the posibilties to "Add
or edit Addreess information" and the EVENT "residence" where geo-data can be
added.

If I'd used a new location for every place I lived in the last four years I'd
have three locations.
Using the above I have one Location, one Address information and two Events:
Residence.

With all the places I've been we could get upto over 25 locations. Only for me.
In my datbase I have about 26 000 individuals.
Using a seperate location for each one with an average of two locations for each
one we would have about 100 000 locations ;-).
BTW. Hundreds of them live in the same villages.

I hope you understand what I want to say.

Bernhard

P.S.

It was great to see the word village again