From: M. Brenzel [mailto:brenze...@roadrunner.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 7:55 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Showing historical locations.

In my opinion, it is important to remember the history.

I have events in my database that took place in what is now Detroit, Michigan,
USA when it was a French fort.  Research provided me with the time frames of
Detroit's evolution through various jurisdictions until Michigan became a state.

So I have the following locations in my database:

Fort Ponchartrain du Détroit, New France Detroit, British North America
Detroit, Wayne County, Northwest Territory, USA Detroit, Wayne County, Indiana
Territory, USA Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan Territory, USA Detroit, Wayne
County, Michigan, USA

In the Notes section under each location, I have included the following:

Detroit was founded as a French fort in 1701 and continued under French Rule
until 1760 when it was taken by the British.  It remained under British Rule as
Detroit until the Treaty of Paris in 1783, although the British continued to
control Michigan until 1796.  From 1796-1803, Detroit became part of Wayne
County, Northwest Territory.  From 1803-1805, it was part of Indiana Territory.
 Michigan Territory was formed in 1805 and remained as such until it became the
State of Michigan on 26 January 1837.

Mary