I always use the original name and note the current location.

Sally Miller Hindley

In a message dated 10/29/2011 10:22:18 AM  Eastern Daylight Time,
apple1...@centurylink.net writes:
Similar situations  have occurred in the United States, i.e. Washington
County, Tennessee was at an  earlier time Washington County, North Carolina.
All tutorials that I have read  or viewed indicate that a location should be
recorded as it existed at the time  of the event, and not as it is now.
Perhaps this is extraneous information from  some points of view.

Would this not be similar?

Charles