----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob" <byoabm8a4h...@wowway.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyusers.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Baptism and Christening

> On 2011-12-18 23:33, Colin Liddell wrote:
>> I don't think Sherry meant that, what she was saying (in my view) is that
>> there is an option to change burial to cremation if you want and this can
>> be
>> applied to anyone, it is not overall.
>
> Yes, I understand that.  The problem is that changing an event to a
> totally different thing does not eliminate the need for the original
> unrelated event.  Simply changing the word Buried to Cremated does not
> mean that you no longer need a Buried event.
>
> Cremation occurs on a specific date at a specific place.
> Burial can also occur and it will be on a different date and a different
> place.
>
> If I could have only one of those, I would stick with the burial since
> people probably are interested in where the final resting place is.  I
> doubt that anyone cares when or where the cremation took place.

The trouble is that some times you have a person who was cremated and their
ashes were not buried which was the case with my mother who wanted her ashes
scattered at her favourite beach.
What do you do then? I changed the burial to cremated and then in the notes,
I said her ashes were scattered at  xyz beach.
Some have theri ashes scattered over the rose bed at home.
A friend of mine kepther husband's ashes in an urn in the garden with a
small plaque, each time she moves the urn is dug up and taken to the new
home and put in the new garden. She has moved three times since he died.
In my friends case you could not keep changing the notes each time she
moved, you could only state that her husband's ashes were buried in her
garden.

Colin