I try to think about 'why' I want to add something to help me decide where it
goes. Church records (Baptisms/Christenings) are historically included in
genealogy records as records of birth. Before civil registration, of births,
marriages and deaths, church records were often the most authoritative proof
and as baptisms usually took place shortly after the birth, it was a reasonable
assumption that the birth date was a month or so earlier.  After civil
registration and presumably more accurate dating,  recording a baptism in the
vital records area seems redundant. I prefer to record Baptisms, Christenings,
naming ceremonies and so on in the events section. I try to resist the
temptation to fill that empty baptism field when I have a more accurate birth
record. Genealogy/Family History, love them both!