Folks,

Look up Chrism on Wikiedia.

MEU

From: Kramer [mailto:kramer...@comcast.net]
Sent: 19 December, 2011 8:15 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Baptism and Christening

In the Catholic and Lutheran denominations, it is "baptism", usually done in
infancy, confirmation in 4th-8th grade, no dedication as baptism is sufficient
to not require an additional ceremony.  Confirmation in many Catholic and other
Christian Churches is a "fuller indwelling of the Holy Spirit" after baptism.
Christening is used interchangeably with some religions that I know of but no
Christian churches do not call it the Sacrament of Christening.  It's the
Sacrament of Baptism as most Christian Churches consider Baptism to be a
Sacrament.  Not all denominations agree on what is a Sacrament in the other
cases such as Confirmation, Anointing of the Sick, etc.  Are there any
denominations that actually use the term "christening" exclusively?  Not
Catholics, Lutherans, or numbers of others I know of.

God bless,

Ellen